www.flickr.com

留言在此


2009年3月17日

You never know…

I just got a txt that one of my ex-college died in a car accident.

It was one of the guys from my department (IT), we have been working closely on several projects. He was a very likable person, with a big smile, a maybe not-so-politically-correct sense of humour, smart and you know you can count on him to get things done.

I can’t say that I knew him very well on a personal level, but we did have some great conversations which is not work related. He was into cars, computers, wireless networking, hacking etc, a self proclaimed geek. He is married and it is the sweetest thing to see his wife came to the office at the end of the day, and they walked out together holding hands.

I remember quite vividly that on my last day at work we all stayed for the monthly work function, having pizza and beer together. We all got pretty drunk in the end and he gave me a big hug, saying that he knew how work would be so much tougher after I am not around. He was sincere and I was touched. That was probably one of the best farewell gift one could ever give to anyone.

Upon hearing the news of his death I realised how little I knew about him (I couldn’t even find a photo of us, even though I know there must be one somewhere), and I tried to locate his facebook profile, to visit his blog, to learn more about him.

Life is like that, you always think that you have plenty of opportunities to get together and catch up, to laugh about the old silly days, until you realise that you don’t always have that chance and sometimes a farewell means exactly that.

You will be missed Dave, you are a good pal.

5 則留言:

  1. Truly sorry to hear, always hate it when a life is cut short, I'm really sorry.

    回覆刪除
  2. 每一次轉身,每一個目送,人生就是由這一連串的場景組合而成,不如憐取眼前人啊。

    回覆刪除
  3. 請節哀(拍拍肩)

    回覆刪除
  4. I'm sorry to hear the news.I'm really moved by your words.Life is just like that.

    回覆刪除
  5. :) Thank you all, yes life can be so fragile, and so unpredictable. I heard there is a huge turnout at the funeral, he is greatly missed by all who had the chance getting to know him.
    It really reminds us to live life to its fullest, and treasure those who we really care, isn't it.

    回覆刪除